Santa Clara Valley Water District

STATION 6077 - VALLEY CHRISTIAN

ALERT ID 1509


Location
Latitude: 37 14' 22" N
Elevation: 1,415.39 ft.
Longitude: 122 04' 12" W
Locaide: 22 18-54


Description
Station located off Sanborn Road above Saratoga, on the (former) Valley Christian School grounds. The site is now named "Walden West", and is also the site of a Youth Hostel.
Period of Record
Measurements began on July 1, 1957, with continuous operation to the present.
Station History
Date Note
07/01/1957 8-inch Bendix recorder installed.
01/01/1962 8-inch Gauge moved one mile from original location.
09/30/1966 12-inch Fischer & Porter ADR recorder installed at original location, replacing the previously moved 8-inch Gauge.
12/01/1970 Fischer & Porter Gauge moved 300 feet, and 20 feet lower in elevation.
06/24/1971 Telephone telemetry installed.
12/07/1977 Fischer & Porter Gauge moved 300 southwest, and 20 feet lower in elevation.
02/26/1987 12-inch Handar radio-reporting tipping bucket Gauge, with one millimeter resolution, installed 300 feet north, to supplement the existing Fischer & Porter ADR.
11/05/1991 Fischer & Porter removed.
07/2000 Gage moved 200 feet north and Novalynx 5096 Transmitter installed.
08/09/2007 5096 serial number 1440 replaces serial number 3016.
sensor